How Much Faith Do We Really Want?

I was struck with a most disheartening, almost terrifying thought this morning while reading the Daily Devotional from Proverbs 31 Ministries.   In this devotional, the author (Lysa Terkeurst) makes the oh so true statement that to be women of faith, we must live lives that require a little faith.  Most of us live our lives daily in our own little comfort zone, very preditictable for the most part.

  These devotions always have a prayer at the bottom.  I read the prayer, began to pray it, and then the fear set in.  What had I just prayed?  Give me more faith?  Think about that...is that not akin to praying for patience?  The only way to make it stronger is to use it, and the only way it gets used it for it to be tested.

  Do we REALLY want that?  We should.  If we do not, why don't we?  We lives lives that require very little faith most of the time. Do we step out on faith, or do we avoid situations we fear will make God look bad?  I contest that this is worse than unworked faith, rather it is a  lack of faith.  We have to position our lives to collide with God's miracles.  Often we do not have the choice as they are positioned that way for us.  I have been there.  Now I am not.  Now I need to find a way to make God's work evident in my life, giving Him all the glory, and thanking Him for the choice at this time. 

Read the devotional.  Consider this.  Any thoughts?  I would love to hear them!

One last thing.  For some reason I cannot comment on my own posts.  My sweet friend Rachel, whom I recently reconnected with left a comment on my post about cleaning schedules and I could not respond!  I am sorry Rachel.  I am working on that.  Her cleaning routine sounds like the one I had before this week.  I'll be posting soon about how the new schedule we are trying works out.  In the mean time, feel free to chime in on that conversation as well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

MyPoints.com
Coupons.com