When Working Away From Home is Better... Who Would've Thought

So my dreams came true and I got to work from home.  Of course the true dream would be not to have to work at all other than as a wife and mother, but that is not happening here anytime soon.  Working from home has been a true blessing beyond measure and allowed a lot of things to get done that were very, very stressful before.  However, the extra time with the kids still wasn't there.  We still struggled to do Ashton's treatments, Jackson's school work, and housework.  I was up at all hours of the night working, and I was contantly putting the kids off to meet a deadline.

Enter God with a new blessing.  My daughter LOVES pre-school so much that I began a part-time job outside of the home.  It pays for preschool and still leaves at least as much as I was making at home.  I get off at 2:00 so I can pick her up just after her nap, go get my son, and when we get home ALL I have to be is a wife and mother.  I miss them like crazy, but my son is in school anyway and my daughter cannot wait to get back every morning.  When I was picking her up before nap she was asking to sleep there, so really all I did is let her. 

Another schedule change, but everyone seems to be adjusting.  Still tweaking the house cleaning schedule, but it will come.  And I can still write from home on days when the kids are out of school and I have to be here with them.  God is so good... and who would have imagined that working away from home would give me more time to be a wife and mother?  It seems that way anyway... I guess we will see.  Of course the key is that is it PART-TIME.  Thank you Lord for good gifts!



No comments:

Post a Comment

MyPoints.com
Coupons.com