4 Products I Have Replaced with Coconut Oil and More


<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=qf_sp_asin_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=moretha-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B003OGKCDC&asins=B003OGKCDC&linkId=2ZLKX2T3ZGAYGIZT&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true">

So I posted here about what kind of coconut oil I use.  That post was a direct result of being asked the question several times, which was a result of me talking about how awesome it is, a LOT.  That being said, this blog is meant to be a ministry.  I do not intend to make it one big advertisement.  I DO love to tell people when I find great products, especially when I think they make us better wives and mothers by helping us stay healthy, making our families healthier, or saving us money. 

That is why I love coconut oil so much.  In the past 5 years, with the addition of 2 children with a chronic illness (learn more about that here, herehere, and here), I have learned to listen to God more closely when it comes to our lifestyles and our health.  I truly believe He gives us all we need.  I believe that there are often remedies in nature that can help us even better than man made remedies.  I also know that He made doctors and allows them the knowledge to do what they do, so I do not discredit them nor do I try to heal all illness with natural medicine.  I just have grown to be more open to trying certain things, and I will blog about that often.

For now however, I want to let you in on some ways I use coconut oil personally and KNOW that it works.  I do not know anything about some of the many claims about illnesses it can cure, and I know nothing works for everyone all of the time, but I DO know that it works for these things for me. 

4 Products I Have Replaced With Coconut Oil


·         Shaving Cream- Seriously, and I have not noticed a negative effect on my razors.

·         Facial Wash- Apply, leave a few minutes (while you brush your teeth or if in the shower while you wash your hair or shave), then wipe clean with a warm, wet wash cloth.

·         Moisturizer- I use it all over my body.  It is awesome, and yes, I do use it on my face after I wash with it.  I have oily skin but this stuff is so light I still need a thin layer after rinsing it off, and it soaks in very quickly…just trust me and don’t knock it till you try it.  This past week I have even been using a drop of lavender and a drop of frankincense essential oil to it and the results have been amazing.  I will post more about how our family uses essential oils later.

·         Baby Lotion- I have a 9 month old in addition to my two older children (5 and 9) and she is the first I have done this with.  Instead of commercial baby lotion, I rub her down with coconut oil, and at night I often add a drop of lavender to help her relax and sleep.

Other Ways I Use Coconut Oil


·         Cooking- It is great for frying eggs and sautéing.  I have not tried baking with it but I hear it is good for that also, and I would believe it.

·         Eating- If you have a good quality oil like the one I posted about here, it really tastes great.  It is sort of toasty and sweet, but very subtle.  I mostly love to put it in my coffee (be prepared for greasy lips), but I have spread it on toast and it was yummy.

·         Oil pulling- So weird I know, but swishing it around in your mouth for 20 minutes really does whiten your teeth.  I cannot attest to all of the claims of what oil pulling can do for you, but I know dental professionals agree it can be good for dental health, and I really and truly feel more energetic on days that I do it.  It is just finding the time to go 20 minutes without talking that is hard for me! 

I do not claim or even know if I believe it can cure all of the things it says it can.  There is really no way for me or most regular people to test many of those claims.  I have personally seen it works great in the ways that I use it, and I know it increases my energy when I add it to my coffee.  I know this because I often only get one cup of coffee these days and it is okay!  They say this is the medium chain fatty acids at work.  I also know my skin is healthier and better than it ever was with expensive skin products, it tastes good, and my teeth are whiter when I use it for oil pulling.  So, there you go.  Give it a try.  No harm no foul right?

If you use coconut oil, how do you use it?  If you don’t, are you planning to give it a try?  What are you going to try first?













1 comment:

  1. I am using coconut oil as a facial cleanser and moisturizer. I am 61 year old and trying to learn new ways to benefit my body. I have been using it for about 2 months and can honestly see a difference in the texture of my skin. I also mix essential oil blends with coconut oil and rub it on the bottom of my feet. The first night that I tried this I became so relaxed that I was unable to hold my eyes open. This was wonderful to me because I had been under a lot of stress and had been unable to rest well in a while. A wonderful side note to rubbing coconut oil on my feet was that it helped get rid of the cracked, dead skin on the bottom of my feet that I get from wearing flip flops.

    ReplyDelete

MyPoints.com
Coupons.com