Convicted

"She opens her arms to the poor, and extends her hands to the needy."
Proverbs 31:20

If I have heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times.  Proverbs 31 is not meant to condemn, but to convict.  Well, let me tell you, it does PLENTY of that.  This verse, however, somewhat more than the others.  Here is why I think this is the case. 

Although I strive daily to meet many of the standards set in the this chapter of Proverbs, I am ashamed to say that this is one that I don't even really put a lot of effort into.  Why?  Not because I do not care, that is for sure.  It is simply that I do not know how.  I do not feel I have the time to volunteer or the resources to donate money.  I do donate clothing items when we clean out our closets, but is that really enough?  I want to be more purposeful in doing this.  When I am getting a good deal on non perishable groceries. toiletries, etc, I want to grab extras to donate. 

The first step if finding out where to donate.  The next step is praying for prompting to remember to do this.  I am sure most of you are much better than me at doing this, but if you are in the same boat as me, will  you join me in prayer that we will prompted and given the wisdom to discern opportunities to extend our hands to the needy?  Leave a comment and we will pray for each other.  If you already make this a practice, leave a comment and give us some tips on how you make this a practice, and I know I would appreciate your prayers in this matter as well:)





No comments:

Post a Comment

MyPoints.com
Coupons.com