A New Schedule for a New School Year

We are starting a new schedule next week.  I have been blessed with a job that will allow me to work for three hours each morning, and it is going to allow us to put our 2 1/2 year old in a spectacular pre-school program during that time.  Along with that huge blessing, when I get her she will already have had lunch and be ready for nap, so (prayerfully) will have time to write as well in the afternoons.  If that is the case, we will make a little extra each month as well.  I am super excited, but there are a number of what ifs out there as well.  I have no childcare for my first grader on non school days.  My new boss said we will work something out, maybe working from home those days or maybe he can come to the office with me those days.  Either way, this is a huge blessing all around.

I am terrified.  Even working from home I cannot seem to stay on top of housework.  So, I now have a new plan.  It is  one of those that works great on paper but we will see how it really works kind of things.  I have set a daily cleaning schedule and instead of cleaning all in one day we will do a little each day. 

Now, I want to know how many of you have this type of cleaning routine and how yours works.  What do you do daily, weekly, bi-monthly, and monthly?  I need suggestions, and frankly I am wondering how it works for you. 

God Bless,





1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you and your family that this transition goes well.

    As for the cleaning schedule...I've found one that works very well for me. I keep meaning to do a blog post on it, but just keep getting sidetracked. :) I always clean my house on Fridays. Sometimes this means saying "no" to things, but it just makes for a better weekend for all of us when we don't have to spend it cleaning. On the rare occasions I HAVE to do something on Friday, I'll clean Thursday nights. I love starting our weekend with a clean house. Then, on either Sunday night or Monday, I'll do a good "pick-up" and vaccum so the house feels clean. This seems to work well for me. I also make sure and pickup/have the kids pickup each night and wipe down my kitchen cabinets.

    Sorry this was so long! Good luck with your new schedule!

    ReplyDelete

MyPoints.com
Coupons.com