Who am I?

Okay, so those of you who know me, and those who do not, are probably wondering "Who is she to be writing about this?" I feel the SAME way! I do have a degree in accounting, and I am "cheap" for lack of a better word, and still for years money has seemed to slip through our fingers. We save when we can, we pay our bills, we give to the Church, but I have just always felt I wasn't doing it quite right, not quite enough. The Proverbs 31 Woman was always prepared, no one was ever cold or hungry, or out of deodorant or shampoo, lol! ( I bet there were always clean towels in the cubbard too, and she didn't even have a washing machine!) My point is, I am learning too, and I want to use this as a platform to share what I have learned, what I am learning as I learn it, and for you guys to share your experiences and lessons learned as well.

To kick off the sharing part, I would like to ask you to share a "life lesson" about money in the comments section below. It can be practical, or spiritual, or anything in between.

I'll start. Coupons are GREAT, but only if you use them for things you would buy anyway! If you buy things you wouldn't normally buy, you don't need, or you won't use, just because you have a coupon, you've missed the point! My personal exception to this rule is two fold...1) If I don't use it, but I know someone else who will and I can get it for a very good price and bless someone else, I'll go for it, or 2) if I can MAKE money off of it, I'll buy it. And example of that is the shampoo I recently bought at Walgreens. It was an intense moisture shampoo which I absolutely cannot use without looking like a walking oil slick, but it was on sale for $4 and I had a $2 off coupon. The kicker was that when you bought it, the register printed a $4 register reward, which can be used just like cash toward your next Walgreens purchase. So I MADE $2 to use toward Easter goodies. What did I do with the shampoo? I took it to work and asked around. It didn't take long to find someone who would use it:)

Now, let me hear from you.

God Bless,
Faith

1 comment:

  1. Hi Faith! I'm not sure what your email address is, so I hope you get this within the next 48 hours. You won the children's prayer book on my Mom Monday post this week. Thanks for coming by and please respond to me soon. My email is christianfrugalmama@gmail.com Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

MyPoints.com
Coupons.com