Matthew 5:13"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.
What is salt good for?
1. It makes food yummy! It brings out the flavor.
- God’s chosen people give this world a little spice, bring out the “flavor” of life and make it “yummy” by bringing the hope of Christ to the world!
2. It is a preservative.
- Believers act as a preservative for the Gospel. How long has the Word survived on the earth? Thousands on thousands of years! Of course, God has ordained His Word so that is can NEVER be destroyed, but His people continue to spread it to this day!
- Believers are to take a stand to preserve goodness on the earth.
3. It is an anesthetic. It cleans out infection.
- As children of God we are to be diligent in seeking out and destroying the infection of the enemy, sin! In our own lives first!
4. Salt creates thirst!
- Our lives should create a desire, a “thirst” for the living water, Christ!
One last thought about salt. 100% pure salt does NOT lose saltiness. We need to strive hard to stay pure. How? The usual, but oh so true... time with the Lord, prayer, study, and meditation. But also, what do you watch, read, and listen too? Keep that in mind… ouch, I just stepped on my own toes!