But HOW?

Update:  I have removed the Amazon link for Karen Ehman's book mentioned in this post.  If you wish to purchase this book, please consider doing so through Proverbs 31 Ministries.
I’m all about practicality, right? That is the point of this blog, to bring together resources and practical ways to be the women, wives, and mothers that God created us to be. Of course, part of this is keeping our homes. Do you think the Proverbs 31 Woman ever had laundry up to her ears, dirty dishes in the sink, toys EVERYWHERE, and couldn’t get to any of it because the baby REFUSED to be put down from her hip? Probably… I mean, let’s be honest. I know, I know, she didn’t work outside the home, right? Well, technically, yes, she took care of her children WHILE she did her work. I, however, work outside of my home while someone else cares for my children. (That’s another post.) Also, she had servants, right? Right. So do we… dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, etc., etc., etc. But how oh how do we honest to goodness keep a clean, if not perfect, home on little sleep and little people running around demanding our attention?  (Not to mention the big guy who would love our attention, and he deserves it!)  I contend we have to do as much as possible in the time we find, and possibly find more time. Impossible, right? Well, we will save the priorities post for another day, but think about how much you could get done in just 1 hour after the kids go to bed. “Her lamp does not go out at night.”


I read “A Life that Says Welcome” by Karen Ehman a few years ago, and I am currently re-reading it. I mentioned her book before in my post here. She talks about a cleaning system that I have yet to be able to try fully, but I am very much considering it again. She swears it cuts cleaning time drastically. The system is laid out by “The Clean Team.” She discusses how she followed as best she could until she saved enough to buy the kit, which included a heavy duty apron, some cleaning supplies, and their cleaners. It is based on the premise that you wear your tools on you body, via the apron, and clean each room completely from top to bottom as you work your way around it, therefore only walking your home one time, rather that doing all the dusting, then all the floors, then the bathrooms, then the kitchens, or whatever order, hence walking around your home NUMEROUS times. Pretty clever, huh? Though I haven’t tried the products, the ideas make sense. Still, it would all be hard to do one handed, that is my season of life. But, if I could cut my cleaning time, say baby goes down at 7:30, then one night in the week I could set aside and possibly have the house clean by 9:30 (except for her room of course.) That’s not bad…



Do you have any practical tips for getting things done in the different seasons of life? I mean, everyone says things have to be done, but no one ever tells you HOW to do these things when life happens.







No comments:

Post a Comment

MyPoints.com
Coupons.com