When is the "right" time to do quiet time?

Is there a "right" time to do Bible Study and prayer time? I really do not believe so. I believe anytime you meet with the Lord, listen to Him, and grow your relationship with Him is time well spent. However, I truly do believe there is a better time. Why? Well, it is a case of good old fashioned WWJD (What Would Jesus Do?) Mark 1:35 says "Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed."

Let me clarify, I DO NOT get up before dawn and have my quiet time. There are several reasons for this currently, and that is part of another post I have planned. However, my most productive, most satifying, most revealing conversations with the Lord happened at this time. Why is that do you think? I think, for one, it is a time of day that is generally free from distractions. Early in the morning is a different time for everyone, but I think for most of us it is before anyone else in the house is up and going. I also believe it has something to do with the fast from food our body has had all night. Fasting is often paired with prayer in the Bible, and if we do our quiet time before breakfast, our bodies have been on a "mini fast" through the night. I don't know why it works, but it did all through Biblical history, so it makes sense... Also, we are more expectant. It takes a conscious effort and desire to be with the Lord to get up early and spend time with Him, so I think we tend to be more open to what He may have in store for our time with Him. Another reason is that we are putting Him first, and giving Him the first of our day. We are beginning our day where all days should begin, face down at the foot of the throne of glory!

Like I said, I do not think it is a hard and fast rule that our quiet times be early in the morning. I do not currently (though I wish I did and I am actively trying to figure out a way to make it a reality.) The main thing is that you meet with him, whenever, where ever... find a time!

When do you do your quiet time? Or if you don't do one, when would be the best time for you do you think?








No comments:

Post a Comment

MyPoints.com
Coupons.com