"Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst

Part of being a Proverbs 31 Woman is taking care of yourself so you CAN do all the things you were created to do. I am NOT good at this. I have been known to skip meals, as well as PIG OUT on very, very unhealthy food. Healthy for me is not a way of life. Of course I make sure my kids and husband are healthy, so the family meals I prepare, and what I have on hand for them at lunch, are generally healthy options. However, I do enjoy a Sonic Vanilla Dr. Pepper (Rt. 44) more than once a week usually, or a Moolatte from Dairy Queen. These are things that should be luxuries, not the norm. Not only are they bad for my pocketbook, but for my waist line and my overall health. I have a hard time making a change because I am very blessed to not have a weight problem. Therefore, I tend to just enjoy what I want.

I have been feeling the Lord speaking to me for awhile about making a change, and then a few days ago I received an invitation from "In the Loop", something I had signed up for on a blog I follow by Christian author Lysa Terkeurst. She has written a new book called "Made to Crave." She was looking for 30 people to go through the book and follow it's advice for six weeks before it is released to the public. Wow, talk about something from God! I responded and was accepted. I have to go ahead now and choose whatever healthy eating plan that I want to follow while reading the book. It is not a diet book, it is more of a "why should I do this?" from what I understand. We'll see. I'll let you know when I get it, when I start, and keep you updated during the six weeks. I'm excited and scared. I have to find time to read 3 chapters per week. It is going to take LOTS of prayer... I really want to do this right! I'm supposed to recieve my book before the middle of July, so there will be more to come then. Check out Lysa's blog... and her other books, I just know you'll love her:)






3 comments:

  1. Hey! I am a new follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday. Great blog. I will be back. Anxious to see how the 6 weeks goes. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you with Follow Me Back Tuesday! Loved exploring your blog and hope you'll stop by mine, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower! I have some great giveaways over on my blog! Would love for you to stop by and follow me back! :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

MyPoints.com
Coupons.com